Saturday, October 6

Maybeshewill "Not for Want of Trying" | The Truth is, We are Still Blindfolded

This song has a great, great point in throwing awareness to our social frame of mind. The song tricks us to listen what we supposed to say to what so called "new world order" (in other words, to fight it) for something they offered us: a brand new life with everything that is so much better. We are not their puppets, we are valuable human being -- as maybeshewill said in the song.

While the unemployed people are craving job and the businessmen scared of losing their job, we do forget a thing: we are supposedly, not controlled, emotionally and physically to those who called themselves (or ourselves) as our saviors. "We have the field you wanted, we offer you future you admired."

Once again, let us think about it. About how we value our life without spitting reality that we are getting worst day by day. Yes, we are getting worst day by day. Our thinking, our insights, and our life. The truth is, we are still blindfolded.


 

The song is one of the tracks included in "Not for Want of Trying" album. You can buy it from iTunes.




Everybody knows things are bad, It's a depression. 
Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. 
The dollar buys a nickel's worth... banks are going bust... shop-keepers keep a gun under the counter... punks are running wild on the street and there's nobody anywhere that seems to know what to do. 
And there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe,  our food is unfit to eat... 
We sit watching our T.V.s while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes -- as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We know things are bad; worse than bad. They're crazy! 
It's like everything, everywhere is going crazy. 
So, we don't go out anymore; we sit in the house and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller and we say: 
"Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms, let me have my toaster and my T.V. and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything - just leave us alone."

But I'm not gonna leave you alone... 
I want you to get mad! 

I don't want you to protest and I don't want you to riot or write your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. 
I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians or the crime in the street.
All I know is that first you've got to get mad... you've got to say: 
"I'm a human being, Goddamn it, my life has value!"

I want you to get up now, 
I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. 
I want you to get up, right now, and go to the window, 
open it and stick your head out and yell: 
"I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Maybeshewill - Not for Want of Trying

No comments:

Post a Comment